This event has given me a great opportunity to learn from my fellow blogger friends. I have learnt from Charmaine of MiMi Bakery House that you can bake/cook a chiffon cake in a 5-inch chiffon cake paper mould in the rice cooker and yet make it look like a chiffon cake from the oven, and you can use waffle mix to make a peach almond tart. :)
Violet from Violet's Kitchen has shown me that you can bake/cook a lovely orange marble cake in the rice cooker which may leave you wondering if it was made in the oven. :)
My dear friend Nasifriet, a fellow blogger living in Belgium, after getting her cake burnt once, has found the ultimate solution to baking in her 1-button 19-year-old National rice cooker - double protection by lining with aluminium foil and parchment paper! Her subsequent 2 cakes were so successful that her son kept asking her if she is gonna make RCC every week for her family. Hats off to her perseverance and tenacity! :)
Thea Ong (thealovetea) who is also an avid rice cooker baker has submitted her "no mixer no oven rice cooker banana cake", and has given me inspiration for rice cooker breads from her blog, that will be my challenge for next month. :)
Chocolate + Pumpkin + Rice Cooker = ?
Baking Scientist (bakingscientistexperiment) has given a nice twist to my rice cooker moist chocolate banana cake, she swapped bananas for pumpkin and whipped up a beautiful chocolate pumpkin cake. Thank you for having trust in my recipe. :)
If you are interested in rice cooker baking, don't miss our Rice Cooker Cake Challenge #2 which will be held in the month of May, ending 31 May. We will be making more rice cooker cakes and even attempting rice cooker breads. So stay tuned to this blog for more updates!
I have another short announcement to make. I have made a resolution to go through all my recipe books and bake some recipes from my own books instead of scouring the internet for recipes and leaving them neglected and covered in dust. I shall call these recipes "My Treasured Recipes" as these are recipe books lugged all the way from Singapore to Belgium. As a start, I will be pairing up with Mimi Bakery House and we will be baking Alex Goh bread and cake recipes in the month of June and July. So if you like Alex Goh's recipes, do mark the dates in your calendar and join us in the blog hop. More details to come later...
So here are the 15 entries for RCC #1, enjoy!
1) Rice Cooker Steamed Caramel Banana Cake (Apam Pisang Gula Hangus 电饭锅蒸焦糖香蕉蛋糕) by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders
2) 香橙大理石烤鸡蛋糕(饭锅版) Orange Marble Baked Egg Cake (Rice Cooker Version) by Violet's Kitchen
3) Rice Cooker Steamed Carrot Orange Cake (电饭锅蒸萝卜香橙蛋糕) by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders
4) •Plain Cheesecake•Rice Cooker• by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House
5) Sugar-less Rice Cooker Banana Cake (1st Attempt) by Nasifriet of By the Way
6) Cocoa Chiffon Cake•Rice Cooker by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House
7) Banana Chiffon Cake•Rice Cooker by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House
8) Rice Cooker Chocolate Chiffon Cake (电饭锅巧克力戚风蛋糕) by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders
9) Peach Almond Tarte via Rice Cooker by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House
10) No Mixer No Oven - Rice Cooker Banana Cake by Thea Ong of thealovetea
11) Low-Fat Rice Cooker Banana Cake (2nd Attempt) by Nasifriet of By the Way
12) Pandan Sponge Cake (3rd Attempt) by Nasifriet of By the Way
13) Super Moist Chocolate Banana Cake (Rice Cooker, Steamer, Oven) by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders
14) Rice Cooker Cake - Chocolate Pumpkin Cake by Baking Scientist
15) Rice Cooker Orange Chiffon Cake by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders